About the Programme
The Workshop on Women Safety and Empowerment was organized by Ishan Institute of Law on 16th June 2023 at Auditorium. The workshop aimed to create awareness about women’s safety issues, empower women with knowledge and skills to protect themselves, and promote gender equality and women’s rights. The event witnessed the participation of students, faculty members & Non-teaching female staff. Ms. Preeti Yadav, IPS , Upper Police Upayukt Mahila Surksha, Additional DCP Women’s Safety was invited as a Chief Guest and as a Key Speaker for the event.
The Key Speaker shared with female attendees the Helpline Number, 1090, to report abuse, eve teasing or violence act committed on digital platform. The workshop also created a platform for dialogue, exchange of ideas, and collaboration among attendees, fostering a collective effort towards gender equality and women’s rights. It is expected that the knowledge and experiences gained during the workshop will contribute to the participants’ personal growth, as well as their ability to advocate for women’s safety and empowerment in their communities and professional lives.
Key Learning Objectives
- Role of Legal Institutions and Support Systems & Knowledge of Relevant Laws
- Empowerment through Education and Economic Independence
- Understanding Gender Equality and Women’s Rights
- Developing Strategies for Women’s Safety
- Understanding Women’s Safety Issues
- Awareness of Self-Defense Techniques
- Deeper understanding of the crimes against the women
- Knowledgeable about their legal rights as women
- Improved Self-Defense Skills
- Motivation and Inspiration
- Enhanced Empowerment